<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Celebrity Travel (Your Online Travel): My Favorite Five-Star Hotels in Australia

« Home | Why you Should Stay at the Grand Bahamas Hotel » | Get Away from It All With A Farmhouse Holiday in F... » | Cheap Accommodation - Las Vegas Vacation Home Rental » | Choosing the Right Hotel in Florence Italy » | European Resorts Give You History, Pampering and D... » | Places in Paris to Romance Your Love » | Vacationing in Kissimmee » | An Adventure to Quincy » | An Adventure in Hyannis » | An Adventure In Boston »

My Favorite Five-Star Hotels in Australia

Thursday, October 19, 2006

My job in a major firm that specializes in mergers and acquisitions takes me all over Australia. I guess that’s one reason why they asked me to do my own review for the simplylush.com website. Well, that and the fact that they think highly of my excellent taste and discerning eye (wink!).



I was asked to write about my favourite five-star hotels in Melbourne and Sydney, where I usually do business, as well as my overall Australia-wide favourite holiday five-star retreat. Without further adieu, allow me to tell you about my favourite five-star hotels.



1. Langham Hotel, Melbourne



For me, this is the best hotel in Melbourne, with absolutely the best riverside location in the whole city. The hotel exudes a personality that is elegant but not pretentious or overly opulent - like a gracious Victorian residence from the olden days. The hotel is an easy distance from many of my favourite Melbourne things, including the al fresco restaurants, superb cafes and a rather happening night life.



My wife enjoys the nearby boutiques, National Gallery of Victoria, Victorian Arts Centre and the magnificent Botanical Gardens. She doesn’t usually come with me on my trips and, although I’ve been to the Langham countless more times than she has, I never really appreciated the hotel’s magnificent high ceiling, cascading fountains and Waterford crysal chandeliers until she pointed them out.



There are 12 suites in all, plus the Presidential Suite. They also have a glitzy Executive Club on the 24th floor which has special privileges. In addition, the in-house Melba Brasserie is a great place to eat, with soft elegant armchairs and sofas, and a breath-taking view of the Yarra River.



2. The Observatory Hotel, Sydney



Located in Sydney’s historic Rocks district, the Observatory Hotel blends right in and reminds me of a grand 19th century Australian Home. Word is that the Observatory Hotel is part of the Orient Express collection of properties, and it does have that kind of mystique.
It is furnished with tasteful Australian antiques, fine tapestries and original oil paintings. The Observatory is also close to Sydney’s Central Business District and that matters to an executive like me as well. After a stressful day in the boardroom, there are many options here that can help me wind down, including the Day Spa & Health Club, which has a magnificent spa and sauna as well as a 20-metre indoor swimming pool. The in-house Galileo Restaurant offer fine cuisine



3. Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa Gold Coast



Now, if it’s a vacation hideaway I’m after, then the Sheraton Mirage at the Gold Coast is tops on my list. Just thinking about its superb location – right between the soothing blue Pacific Ocean and serene Southport Broadwater – is a calming experience.



With over 15 hectares of palm trees and its own sparkling blue lagoon, the word that comes to mind when I think about the Sheraton Mirage is oasis. The rooms are elegant but I’d advise you to go for the private villas with their picture-perfect view of the rolling surf and nearby tropical gardens.



For dining, the Sheraton Mirage has five restaurants and bars, each of them award winners in their own right. For seafood lovers, the Terraces Restaurant offers a superb buffet while the Oasis Pool Bar is great for lounging by the pool. Horizons Restaurant is the place for a romantic dinner while the Oyster Bar is great for a champagne-flowing experience.




If you're travelling to Australia and are looking for some of the very best luxury accommodation on offer, you can visit http://www.simplylush.com for free reviews of the best luxury hotels, apartments, bed and breakfasts and self-contained properties to stay at.



Want a luxury Gold Coast Hotel, Melbourne Hotel or Sydney hotel? Then Simply Lush has all the information you need to make an informed decision. It is a totally free travel resource site run by James Lush (ex-BBC and ITV TV and Radio journalist, now living in Australia).

10:41 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

janangel :: permalink